I bought some pastry sheets from Trader Joes a few weeks ago and I've been eagerly brain storming what I could make with them! It was a stormy Sunday and I was in the mood for some cozy cooking. Here's what I came up with! They are super tasty, EASY to make and fancy to boot!
Here's what you'll need:
Pastry Dough (flat sheets)
1 Handful of Almonds
1 Cup Almond Meal
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Egg White
1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
1/4 Cup Honey
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix 1 cup of almond meal with 1/2 Cup powdered sugar, 1 egg white and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in a small bowl. Set aside.
(the consistency of the almond paste will be a tad soupy...don't worry it will thicken-up in the oven)
- Cut your pastry sheets into 4-inch squares and place them on a cookie sheet lined with a silpat.
- Spoon a bit of almond paste onto each pastry square
- Cut your pear into thin wedges and place on each pastry
- Chop almonds and sprinkle over pastries
- Place pasteries in the oven for 15 minutes
- Mix 1/4 cup of honey with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and drizzle over the pastries