Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dragon Fruit, Peach & Lime Smoothie


 Every now and then I like to try something new. I love going to our local Asian market and to pick up fruits like cherimoya, durian, mangosteen or this here dragon fruit. So I bought dragon fruit the other day and didn't know what to do with it. I embarrassingly admit that I had to google "how to eat dragon fruit". I decided to use mine in a smoothie with whatever I had around the house. It turned out amazing... I had to share it with you guys.

Serves 2
Ingredients:
1 dragon fruit
1 cup frozen peaches
1 lime {juice}
1/3 cup condensed milk
3 ice cubes

Directions:
Cut the dragon fruit in half and scoop the insides into a blender. You can pitch the pink skins {or use them as fun serving bowls later in the day}. Throw the rest of your ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.

Simple as that. So yummy and chock-full of vitamin C!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.